[MLB-WIRELESS] Ad hoc Networks (research journal & call for papers)

Grant McHerron grant at taoceti.com.au
Tue Sep 9 04:25:41 EST 2003

Re: Melbourne Wireless getting together and writing a paper:

 >This is a sterling suggestion.  I'm happy to offer my services as a
 >proofreader, but I'm no techhead.

I'm happy to help out around my other work - I may not have the experience
of having done it, but I'll do my damnedest to turn the scratchings of
others into understandable technical prose. Perhaps if others start to
flesh out the meat, I can string it all together.

First up, we need to have a reason to be writing a paper - the Adhoc
Networks call for papers has passed (although they may hold the deadline
open if they haven't received enough or we can put a good teaser in :). So,
we need:

1. What's the paper about? (a quick summary for sending to places to see if
they'd be interested in publishing it)

2. What are we trying to prove/disprove?

3. What are our salient points?

4. Can we specify a process that will allow others to replicate what we've
done?

5. What supporting evidence are we citing

[with nods to Slashdot :) ]

6. ?????

7. Profit

:)

But seriously - if we have all the above together (or even just the start
of it), I'll do all I can to get it together so Clae can proof read it :)

Cheers,

Grant

Grant McHerron
Tao Ceti Pty Ltd

Level 1, 530 Little Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Ph: +61 3 9909 7067             Fax: +61 3 9228 3257
http://www.taoceti.com.au       grant at taoceti.com.au