Fw: [MLB-WIRELESS] more new edens

Steven Haigh netwiz at optusnet.com.au
Thu Sep 4 22:47:46 EST 2003

Peter Rogers wrote:

> Has anyone had any experiance with the curcuit mentioned below.
>
> Im currently in the process of building the curcuit. i have most of the
>bits
> , im just trying to find the FET and not having much luck.
>
> Could anyone tell me if the "Power FET" (MPT3055E)  that Jaycar have listed
> would do as a replacement.
>
> There is also a much simpler design for a regulator here
> http://www.zorg.org/projects/carpc.shtml

Cool - let me know how you go... I'd personally just try it first and
see if you need to go through all this extra hassle... Your car's
electrical system may well handle this stuff fine....

> Also Steve , Tyson,
>
> have you had any issues with the voltage being to high when running ?? as i
> guess it should be about 13.8V when running.

That was my main concern when I first put my eden in the car... As far
as I know, I was the first person I know with an eden to try it (as I've
supplied them to Tyson and a few others)... After looking through the
power supply circuit, it seems pretty robust - and I believe it'd take
quite a bit to destroy it... At the end of the day, I was still
cautious, but decided to do the pucker-test - and I'm glad I did,
because it's been fine ever since... The excess 2v max doesn't seem to
cause any problems at all.

--

Signed,
Steven Haigh

You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.
We have enough youth. What we need is a fountain of smart.
I am root. If you see me laughing, you better have a backup.