[MLB-WIRELESS] Enterasys/Roamabout cards AP registry hack

Rusty Kau rusty2kau at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 4 11:59:08 EST 2003

Hi Group,

I have been using an Enterasys/Roamabout card from the group buy on
Melbourne TIB for a while now and have discovered that by using a registry
hack and changing a key APMODE to 1 under win2k, the card can behave as an
AP.

I have completed the hack, and the card is acting as a Base Station. From
another wireless computer, netstumbler reports the card as an AP.

I can associate to the card fine, signal strength is at 100%, but it doesnt
want to send and recieve packets.

Has anyone encountered this before, or know of a workaround ?

Thanks in advance

ninemsn Premium transforms your e-mail with colours, photos and animated
text. Click here  http://ninemsn.com.au/premium/landing.asp