[MLB-WIRELESS] Second Melbourne Wireless field day

sanbar sandbar at ozemail.com.au
Fri Oct 31 14:40:44 EST 2003

Remember all the fun and games at last year's Melbourne Wireless field day?
http://melbourne.wireless.org.au/media/photos/index.ttml?dir=meetings/2002-11-23_Installfest
Aah, the memories, the excitement, the ... farken big doof-doof tent?

Well, it's all going to happen again, only this time it will be
bigger, faster, and have much louder explosions.

Melbourne Wireless in conjunction with the Linux Users of Victoria
will hold a combined Linux installfest and wireless field day at
Melbourne University on Saturday, November 29. At this stage we're
calling for volunteers to help with setting up and running the event.
If anyone is able to assist on the day, can they email me with their
name, availability (last year's event ran from 10am to 4pm iirc) and
wireless shitzniz talents. We will pretty much have the same set-up as
last year's event, running a network tied in with LUV's iso server.
The antenna modding was popular last year, so we can do it again at
this year's event.
Melbourne Wireless has undercover space at melbourne Uni, and a little bit of open
ground to play around in.

If anyone has any ideas for events and tests we can run throughout the
day, again let me know and if they're not too whacky, slip it into a
rough schedule.

More details as they arrive.

- Barry