[MLB-WIRELESS] DWL-650 question.

Ryan Abbenhuys sneeze at alphalink.com.au
Tue Oct 28 09:09:14 EST 2003

In ad-hoc mode when there isn't a connection established you will see the
remote cards MAC address constantly change with each beacon.  Once there is
a connection from another card the MAC stops rolling.

I've never really looked into why this is, but it's normal with all cards
in Ad-Hoc mode.

ps...dlink ewwwwww

>Hi People,
>
>I have noticed a strange thing with mt DWL-650 card....
>
>GMI & myself (GXT) have been playing trying to get a link over the 7Km.
we are
>line of site and GMI can see my beacons.  As I am still in the steapest
part of
>this learning curve with Wlan's I am not sure what is going on sometimes.
>
>Using the dwl-650's 'configuration utility' I set up the system so as GMI
can
>test and move antenna etc.  The 'Link Info' screen shows my MAC address...
>
>eg  00:40:34:67:91:3f          (not the real one, I dont remember it from
work)

>Anyway,  if I do a "rescan" from the conf util, the MAC address changes,
well
>at least the middle 2 values change, so I end up with a variable MAC in
the
>form of...
>

>00:40:xx:yy:91:3f
>
>only the xx & yy change when i hit 'rescan'??????
>
>GMI has been able to establish a link, ie, his system says, "Connected to"
but
>my system says nothing?  I have tested AdHoc mode locally with another
machine
>but even when I am transfering files between the dwl-650 and the minitar
PCI