[MLB-WIRELESS] Need some help understanding a few things

Tim Dickinson dicko8 at tpg.com.au
Mon Oct 20 19:55:58 EST 2003

The closest person to me chamelian (a mate i registered on there today) he
lives in thae patch 2 k's away, but his realtion to anyone else is pretty
shit, he has a mountain right behind him, and right next to him, he also
has to worry about mout dandy, so he is no good for getting me out of this
geographical hole, but it would still be good to see if i have line of
site to him and can get it working, then i can branch out from there - now
with the AP thing - would i need that if i am trying to connect to 2
people and also let them communicate through me?

And i am going to be putting my antenna up fairly high, just trying to
understand what sort of equiptment i need before i either knock it up or
buy it, my dad is a sparkie (electrician) so parts and wiring is no
problem, and i am knee deep in network love, so that is no worry, it's
just the equiptment and specs thereof that i am having difficulty
understanding.

Thanks guys, you're so much help!
Tim.