[MLB-WIRELESS] Need some help understanding a few things

Tim Dickinson dicko8 at tpg.com.au
Mon Oct 20 17:56:37 EST 2003

Alright guys here it my understanding of everytyhing i have read and
understood. (good sentence moron)

An AP allows me to do to wireless networking what my hub does to my cat5
networking (i do know a fair bit about networking btw, it's just hardware
changes that i am not up to speed on), and if i can attach an AP to my
system as opposed to a standard wi-fi card i can act as a relay point for
people in my area correct?

and in order to get around the mountian i either need to blow a massive
hole through it, get over it or go around it - i have  few contacts in the
parks vic i'll see if they will help me (they are based at mount dandy too
which will help).

and operating systems don't seem to matter, however if i am attaching an
AP to my system, it need to be able to reroute everything so Linux is a
good solution - currently i am a multimedia student, so Linux is not what
i need (although i do own it and can use it).

My swearing is not tolerated by uptight members of the maillist (just
having a dig - i will stop my fucking swearing).

But now i have another question - does the : Helical Aerial walkthrough on
the wireless site do 360 (degrees symbol here) or is it directional? and
how far can it reach? it says 3-4km, but am i to believe that?

Thank you to everyone who has helped me out - and i hope to be killing you
all in any RTS game you can think of very shortly.

Love always Tim. ;)