[MLB-WIRELESS] Different modes?

Ryan Abbenhuys sneeze at alphalink.com.au
Mon Oct 20 09:37:25 EST 2003

Your best bet is to put the AP in normal Access Point mode.  I'd go with
something like a Minitar as these look like they have huge potential once
the geeks work out how to hack them.

Being in a prominent location I'd recommend turning off SSID broadcasts to
stop every man and his dog connecting and flooding the thing like the
berwick CB repeater, and also implement MAC restrictions.
This will help stop people connecting and using it for their own personal
links to trade pr0n and warez, rather than connecting to participate in the
community network.

>Hi People, Me again with another question......
>

>A group of us way down south east metro melbourne, Berwick/Narre/Hampton
Park,
>would like to set up a WLAN.  Not all of us are LOS to each other but
there is
>a Comms Tower well placed that we can utilise,  it is around 110m ASL at
the
>base and is 30m high itself.
>
>The idea we are thinking of is to place a AP on this tower and use
>either "wireless repeater" or "multi-point bridge" mode.
>
>I notice in the menu of my DWL900APA+ that wireless repeater mode has a
MAC