[MLB-WIRELESS] RG-1000 - Problem with Modem Link

Grant McHerron grant at taoceti.com.au
Thu Oct 16 16:40:08 EST 2003

Thanks for the prompt responses so far gang!

One other thing I've noted with the unit - I can't traceroute past the
RG-1000 - once it gets to the modem, it just starts responding with "* * *"
- joy...

Yes, the unit is doing DHCP for the WLAN and LAN plus it's NAT'ing my
entire network (WLAN & LAN) onto the 'net.

Fenn:
Hmmm - will have to hunt down that - the Java app's I've seen have been
somewhat less than helpful on the configuration side. Agreed that it really
does sound like MTU issues...

As to the hanging on the "." - don't forget it's on *any* mailserver I use,
not just mail.bigpond.com - but when I'm dialed in through the RG using
BigPond. Perhaps I should be checking out alt.net-access.config.bizarre :)

Matt (aka Fatboy) :
I wondered if it could be related to the hassles being experienced recently
with BigPond (and other ISPs) but it was happening in late August so I
don't think it's related to that. Your comments re: proxies and routing,
however, could be what I need to check when I get back (eg: what's the IP
that BigPond is handing to me and what do I have set for DNS, domain, etc
when I dial in).

More as it comes to hand folks :)

Cheers,

Grant

Grant McHerron
Tao Ceti Pty Ltd

685 Spencer St, West Melbourne, VIC 3003
Ph: +61 3 8327 0829             Fax: +61 3 9228 3257
http://www.taoceti.com.au       grant at taoceti.com.au