[MLB-WIRELESS] ACA discussion paper

sanbar sandbar at ozemail.com.au
Fri Oct 10 11:05:46 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-10 at 07:55, vk3jma at net2000.com.au wrote:
> Hi Rick & Others,
>
> No you dont.  The class licence allows for your use of 802.11a/b/g equipment
> without a licence.  If you wanted to play a bit deeper with higher power then
> as a licenced radio amateur you would be able to (with a few extra regulatory
> requirements).

Unless there's some form of exemption under the current wlan
legislation, we're restricted to the 4W max ERIP, regardless of if we
have a licence to play around with higher outputs in other parts of the
spectrum. I can see that some people - possibly me, I should add - will
enjoy the crossover from wlan to general RF adventures, but at this
point any discussion of entry-level licences in relation to wlan is
irrelevant because of this cap.
Again, I'm open to criticism.
- Barry

--