[MLB-WIRELESS] AP Box cooling

Steven saandss at iinet.net.au
Fri Oct 3 10:45:15 EST 2003

Has anyone added a cooling system to their AP box?

I have a DWL-900AP+ in a box, up a pole on the roof. I have also put a
couple of temperature sensors (DS1820) in the box. One is near the
regulated power supply (and so it gets a little warm) and one is near
the at the bottom of the box. The problem I can see coming this summer
is that when the sun hits the box the temperature inside is going to get
rather high. It has already got as high as 42 degrees C while the
outside air temp is only around 17 C.

When summer comes and the air temp is over 30, what is it going to be
like in the box? The DWL-900AP+ is rated to work up to 55 C (I think),
but I don't really feel like seeing how hot it can get before it shuts
down.

Has anyone added a fan or other cooling device to their AP box?

Regards,
Steven (nodeFSE)