[MLB-WIRELESS] Netstumbler & DWL-650?

Jamie Lovick jalovick at doof.org
Thu Oct 2 10:52:48 EST 2003

Hi,

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003, Ryan Abbenhuys wrote:

> The DWL-650 is Prism chipset based card I believe so won't work with
> NetStumbler which is designed primarily around Hermes chipset based
> cards.

The latest version, 0.3.30 (I think it is) does work with Prism
cards. It works fine with the MiniPCI one in my notebook.

A few things to make sure of, is that you need to set your client
configuration to an SSID of ANY or blank, otherwise the client will try
and over-ride netstumbler.

> > I bought a DWL-650 (not plus) yesterdat and it works well.
> >
> > I installed it as one would and then tried WlanExpert, which would
> > not work with my enterasys Raomabout card, it too worked fine,
> > however, when I run good old netstumbler, itwould not allow me to
> > select the dwl-650 network device, it was listed but not
> > selectable???  Netstumbler reported that "no cards found".
> >
> > Is there some other driver/software required for the dwl-650 to use
> > netstumbler?

Netstumbler should work fine. Perhaps try ensuring that you have the
latest drivers.

Regards

Jamie

--
Jamie Lovick    <->  IT Consultant    <-> +614 1479 1681
Hobby     : Doof.org                   -> jalovick at doof.org
Director  : Drastic Solutions Pty Ltd  -> jalovick at drasticsolutions.com.au
----- Public Relations Officer - the Australian Wireless Association -----