[MLB-WIRELESS] MW Intranet DNS & Redirection

Richard Van Orsouw Richard.Van.Orsouw at optus.com.au
Fri Nov 28 08:37:18 EST 2003

Excuse the late reply,
I'm running a similar setup to Dan ie AP, Omni, DHCP server.
But I am also having similar problems, whereby I get my DHCP server issuing
IP address's to hosts who never visit the router address in their web
browser (using webalizer stats). What we need is ipchains/iptables/ipfw to
filter port 80 request for a particular subnet to automatically take it to a
"Welcome to Melbourne Wireless, blah blah blah" site which details on how to
connect permanently. Once this node is permanently connected, that IP
address can be taken off the filter. I think that people are connecting to
my node thinking that they can get free internet, but I would like to
"educate" them by visiting this website. Could some help me out on the
iptables/ipchains rules?

L8r.