[MLB-WIRELESS] Orinoco in AP mode under XP (as opposed to 2K)

Peter Long peterlong at rocketmail.com
Thu Nov 27 22:09:05 EST 2003

Found this link using Google.

http://www.homenethelp.com/web/howto/windows-xp-bridge.asp

Anyone know if it works?

I've been using the Windows 98 hack for a while and it
seems to work well. It was the only way I could get my
Dlink to "talk" to the Roamabout/Enterasys cards at 11
Mb. Also worked with 2Mb Wavelan cards, which don't
like the SVEC AP unless it is throttled back to 2Mb.

Isn't old technology great.......

See Ya....

Peter

--- Ryan Abbenhuys <sneeze at alphalink.com.au> wrote:
> From discussions on the HostAP list, I don't believe
> the Hermes chipset
> contains a proper Access Point ability.
>
> I realise there's something that makes it appear as
> if it's an AP, but as I
> understand it's far from being a fully compliant
> 802.11b AP.
>

> >my understanding of this was that it just made it
> look like it was an AP
> >with stumbler kismet etc and that it didn't
> actually turn the card into an
> AP.
> >I could be wrong.
> >I don't know how to get around the Xp zeroconf
> thing.
> >
> >Matt
> >
> >At 06:40 PM 26/11/2003, you wrote:
> >>Because that's not the point of the exercise.
> >>
> >>I don't *want* to buy another AP.

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/