[MLB-WIRELESS] Regulation question

Jamie Lovick jalovick at doof.org
Tue Nov 25 11:54:14 EST 2003

Hi,

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Lyndon David wrote:

> I live in a place where there is no broad band however there is
> bandwidth just a few k away within easy reach of a microwave link.
>
> Is there anything legal stopping me and my neighbours joining
> together into a club or society to provide broadband to its members
> without having to go and get a telco license?

It is best to consult the ACA to be sure, but there should not be an
issue with cost sharing of a broadband service, providing you remain
within the non-commercial exemption in the Telecommunications Act.

Details of this exemption are at:

http://www.aca.gov.au/consumer_info/fact_sheets/industry_fact_sheets/fsi29.htm

Regards

Jamie

--
Jamie Lovick    <->  IT Consultant    <-> +614 1479 1681
Hobby     : Doof.org                   -> jalovick at doof.org
Director  : Drastic Solutions Pty Ltd  -> jalovick at drasticsolutions.com.au