[MLB-WIRELESS] DLink Warranty Line

Ben Anderson a_neb at optushome.com.au
Fri Nov 7 19:05:14 EST 2003

I lost one a few weeks back myself.  No fire, just failure.  No output.  I
would certainly be interested in a post-mortem on your 'caught fire' device
to ascertain if it is a design fault with the device (I have a few of these
devices around the place)

I gave up on tech support and just bought a replacement.  No more dlink for
me.  I'm so-far impressed with draytek, but I'm yet to need their helpdesk,
so that one will have to wait and see.

What about it guys, what are your experiences with wireless company tech
support?  Who's left that's good?

Regards,
Ben.

> I purchaced a DLink-900AP+ about 6 months ago. Worked fine for the past
few
> months, then the PS caught fire. No idea how, its running on a proper
> sinewave UPS which also runs my servers. So I gather its almost impossible
> it was a surge, the logs on the UPS show no fluctuations for more than a
> month before the incident. The PS caused the AP to no longer work, after
> replacing the PS with a regulated 5V supply.
>
> Gave the warranty line a call, all sorted sending me out a form etc.
However
> I cannot believe how rude and inconsiderate the tech was on the phone.
When