[MLB-WIRELESS] Reality Bites - Was: node names - conventions and sub domains

Jason Jordan jason.jordan at pcguru.com.au
Sat Nov 1 18:08:53 EST 2003

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 17:41:05 +1100
"Steven Haigh" <netwiz at optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> Messageohh - this is great.. I think... but wait... as a paying member
> of Melbourne Wireless, where was the consultation of the membership
> before these rather major decisions were made? I don't recall hearing
> anything along these lines before..

<snip>

> I have been active in Melbourne Wireless ever since it's inception,
> but with the lack of communication between he committee and it's
> members, there is no reason for me to even renew my membership at this
> point - as I don't hear anything from them anyway. This is a major
> problem, and needs to be addressed before thinking about making major
> changes that threaten the stability of the group as a whole.

Would it be ghastly of me to say "I told you so"?

The loose band of people who associate under the name of the WaFreeNet
are still going from strength to strength.

Perhaps we could explain how we do it?

We're still willing to help of course because our primary objective is -
and always has been - to create a wireless network (rather than creating
a bureaucratic nightmare facilitating the whims of show-ponies).

Feel free to drop by http://www.wafreenet.org or http://www.e3.com.au
anytime - we'd love to be of assistance.

"Melbourne Wireless" is dead.  Long live Melbourne Wireless!

Hopefully you guys will do it right next time.  No more unnecessary
"management committee", no more stupid rules and processes.  No more
dumb titles. Just interested folk getting together for a laugh, a beer
and a bit of wireless fun.

Or are we going to see yet another Pty. Ltd. schlub?

jas