[MLB-WIRELESS] Reality Bites - Was: node names - conventions and sub domains

Steven Haigh netwiz at optusnet.com.au
Sat Nov 1 17:41:05 EST 2003

Messageohh - this is great.. I think... but wait... as a paying member of Melbourne Wireless, where was the consultation of the membership before these rather major decisions were made? I don't recall hearing anything along these lines before..

All discussions I've had with Tyson, and some other committee members haven't mentioned anything about changing domain etc... Yes, I was aware you guys are putting together your own server, and have been for quite some time - always with the result of 'it's almost ready'...

As a paying member, I am also disapointed in the current committee for their lack of voice on most issues. I forget the last time I actually heard what was going on in the committee, and I certainly haven't heard the direction in which MW is supposed to be heading.

I think moving domains is a major issue, as we have already established a major awareness of melbourne.wireless.org.au... I draw inspiration for the Wireless Institute of Australia (www.wia.org.au) when looking at how I believe *.wireless.org.au should be set up... The AWA was supposed to be a voice for all wireless groups, but flopped. Mainly because they were involved in actually deploying a network.

I have been active in Melbourne Wireless ever since it's inception, but with the lack of communication between he committee and it's members, there is no reason for me to even renew my membership at this point - as I don't hear anything from them anyway. This is a major problem, and needs to be addressed before thinking about making major changes that threaten the stability of the group as a whole.

--
Signed,
Steven Haigh

You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.
We have enough youth. What we need is a fountain of smart.
I am root. If you see me laughing, you better have a backup.