[MLB-WIRELESS] 5ghz power

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Mon May 26 11:18:27 EST 2003

Im not sure, but i thought i read in here regarding power levels for the
5ghz spectrum for wireless.

in specific the 5000ap from dlink.

can we use the same amount of power for this as we do for the 2.4 band ?

Depends on the frequency:

in the 5.2 GHz band, it is INDOOR USE ONLY, and I think 200 mW EIRP.

At 5.6-5.8 GHz, you are permitted up to 1W EIRP, indoor or outdoor.

The 802.11a gear that's been seen uses the 5.2 GHz band, so is suitable only
for internal networking.