[MLB-WIRELESS] hey, how do i get some melb wireless ips allocated?

Nath P nathp at optushome.com.au
Sat May 17 14:45:50 EST 2003

ok, maybe I'm stupid or something (more likely blind) but i cant see/figure
out how to get allocated an IP...
I have gone into locfinder and edited my node, and looked through all that
but there wasnt anything about IPs apart from this
"Melbourne has been divided up into - initially - 11 geographical regions.
Some areas are quite organised and hold thier own meetings and events, while
others are little more than words on our website - the oppurtunity exists to
build strong social, as well a network, links with these people in your
area. By choosing your area of residence, it also allows us to assign you an
ip that will be close to that of your neighbours."

i selected the relevant one (Eastern).. though i had previously.

still no "allocate ip" or anything simular... *confused*

another question.. i just borrowed a GPS unit to get exact location (well,
close, 6m accuracy aparrently). and it seems to be in a different format to
what the locfinder uses.. is there a conversion process or do i just stick
them in?
the gps gave me numbers in the format XX deg XX min XX.X seconds...
thanks
Nath