[MLB-WIRELESS] Excel help required

Jamie Lovick jalovick at doof.org
Wed May 14 03:57:06 EST 2003

Hi,

On Wed, 14 May 2003, vak wrote:

> I'm currently working on the backlog of memberships that haven't
> been done and require a little assistance. (Someone here might know
> the answer).
>
> I require a piece of software/script/macro to automate or semi
> automate the following:
>
> 1) Extract a series or group of cells individually from an excel
> worksheet
> 2) Cut and paste them into strategic spots on an email template
> 3) Automatically send the email, or file it in a folder (which can
> be mass sent later)
>
> I am currently using Netscape mail, but are happy to use something
> else for the purposes of this task.
>
> Any assistance or advice is greatly appreciated.

If you have a copy of Microsoft Word, Mail Merge should do what you want
to do. I would assume that it would talk to any MAPI mailer. Have a read
through the help, it should be quite useful. It should just be a matter
of loading your Excel worksheet as a data source and then making or
editing your Email template.

Regards

Jamie

--
Jamie Lovick    <->  IT Consultant    <-> +614 1479 1681
Hobby     : Doof.org                   -> jalovick at doof.org
Director  : Drastic Solutions Pty Ltd  -> jalovick at drasticsolutions.com.au
----- Public Relations Officer - the Australian Wireless Association -----