[MLB-WIRELESS] Setting up wireless NON LOS

Ryan mrviper at softhome.net
Tue May 13 20:49:23 EST 2003

Hello

As some of you probly know i have a non los link between (me gll) and glo.
The problem is that there are huge pine tree wall on glo's fence line facing
me and i cant see where his antenna is pionting. We have used Locfinder to
find out the Degrees of his house but we need to be a little more acerate in
acquiring were the antenna is (because we have parabolics within a close
range). I was thinking of putting a helliem balloon up above the trees when
its not windy tieng it with fishing line to his antenna pole then marking
every one meeter with a helium balloon, antill it disappears behind the
trees. But he couldnot see my house if i did the same. The point of this is
we are getting very dodgy connections 2-5.5mbit  and when it is raining we
hardly get a connection and massive packet loss. We dont have a gps or any
fancy tools. We just want to get a decent connection then expand our
network. Any Idea's?????

 thanks Ryan