[MLB-WIRELESS] 802.11g linux compatible cards.

paul van den bergen pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
Wed May 7 09:55:13 EST 2003

Given the extent of the FreeBSD communitee, I have no doubt that appropriately
hacked drivers are available somewhere - It would be well worth searching
some of the BSD forums... - e.g. freebsd.org is a good starting point - has a
list of lots of user forums etc.

On Tue, 6 May 2003 04:32 pm, Nick Sibbing wrote:
> Chris Samuel wrote:
> > My understanding is that currently there are *no* 802.11g style cards
> > that will work under Linux (or *BSD) as they are all using the Broadcom
> > chipset and Broadcom have not released any drivers, or information on how
> > to write a driver, to the open source community.
>
> Just a thought but Apple have backed 802.11g stuff in a big way for
> their new airport extreme stuff
>
> OSX is all unix underneath these days and they have committed to the
> open source model so perhaps research at
> http://developer.apple.com/darwin/projects/darwin/resources.html
>
> Might find a driver for this chip? They have both mac and X86 versions
> of the core os. Someone who is clever both with macs and matters *nix eg
> Mr Clae or Mr Borthwick would be good to ask.
>
> Regards Nick Sibbing

Dr Paul van den Bergen
Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures
caia.swin.edu.au
pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
IM:bulwynkl2002
"And some run up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stones
to pieces wi' hammers, like so many road makers run daft.
They say it is to see how the world was made."
Sir Walter Scott, St. Ronan's Well 1824