[MLB-WIRELESS] 802.11g linux compatible cards.

Ryan Abbenhuys sneeze at alphalink.com.au
Wed May 7 09:07:21 EST 2003

If they are Prism 2.5 then yep they'll work fine with HostAP as a proper
BSS access point.
Can you tell me what prism firmware they come with?
Also what sort of price would Melbwireless members be looking at.
I might be interested because with 200mW I could set the power to whatever
output sits me right on 4W EIRP.
Might be worth you doing a run of them on TIB.

>Yes, they do use the PRISM chipset. They are Intersil 2.5 compliant
>Not sure about the Linux HostAP
>
>Livio
>
>At 08:20 AM 7/05/2003, you wrote:
>>Another good point with these cards is I believe they use a Prism chipset
>>so they work with the linux HostAP driver.
>>
>>....well i'm pretty sure anyway.
>>

>> >We sell them here in Australia, but re-branded under own name Veritech
>> >Australia (we are OEM distributors for Senao).  They come either with a
>> >built-in antenna, or dual diversity mmcx connectors.
>> >
>> >More info at our website, www.veritech.com.au search for VAC2511, or we
>>can
>> >send spec sheets out if anyone is interested.  We will sell at reseller
>> >prices to melbwireless members.
>> >
>> >Obviously, we liked them enough to brand them under our own label!
They
>> >work well, with great receive sensitivity.  We use them in the OEM
Karlnet