[MLB-WIRELESS] SVEC FD1811 (aka WLAP) Firmware

Ben Anderson a_neb at optushome.com.au
Thu May 1 07:45:41 EST 2003

No need to reverse engineer the code out of the chip - just flash the whole
image into the other chip...

Ben.

> You're going to need access to an SMD rework station to get this chip off.
With the right tools it will come off like icing from a
> cake.  Putting it back on will be easier than removing it, but the image
in the flash chip will be more than the image that is
> transferred across the network since it will contain the tftp server etc.
which will not get erased (these things are block
> erasable, you don't erase the whole chip).  It is likely to be fairly
trivial to break the image up though.

> It would also be fairly easy to buy these chips from www.digikey.com if
really needed.

> Yes, this is a last resort for sure.
>
> Cheers,
> Tom
>
> ----------------------------------
> Tom Parker tparker at netspace.net.au
> http://www.wiresncode.com/projects

flash chip might be a challenge for even that.  And how
> would you go about putting it back on afterwards?  Looks like we might
have to make a sacrafice at the altar of reverse-engineering.
> But it may be for the greater good. :)
>
> Tom, I'll keep on trying other methods (including begging the
manufacturers) and use your kind offer as a last resort.

> BTW I've just done a bit more google research on the WLAP, and man,
there's shitloads of rebadged WLAPs out there.  Lots of
> different suppliers, lots of different model numbers.  but they all look
the same (some are different colours).  And they all have
> exactly the same spec sheet, word for word.  Which made them easy to find
with google. :)  I'll stick a list of all the websites and
> model numbers on the Wiki entry for the SVEC WLAP when I get a chance.
Might help all those people out there with differently
> badged APs to band together in a reverse-engineering collective.
>
> Dan

the lower right corner of the image.

> I can read this for you, but it will be hard to get off the board (all
pins will need to be straight and clean to fit in the