[MLB-WIRELESS] Small systems -was- Re: BIPAC-743

Clae clae at tpg.com.au
Wed Mar 19 22:19:45 EST 2003

At 2:29 PM +0800 19/3/03, Jamie Moir wrote:
>On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Jason Hecker wrote:
>
>Other possibilities would include the LART project? Small ethernet capable
>SA based computer

Yep, the LART project looks interesting.  They have a small number of
surplus boards available for sale from their first production run,
but they want 250 pounds for each.  The design is open licensed
though, so it might be possible to build your own.

http://www.lart.tudelft.nl/faq.php3

250 MIPS, 32MB RAM/ 4MB FlashROM, Linux, Debian, serial port, under 1
watt of power.

Daughterboards under development: "kitchen sink" with ATA, Ethernet,
netboot, PS/2, sound out, IrDA, video out, USB, mono mic/speaker,
touch screen interface and a telephony interface.

More boards: fast SRAM board, GPS, PCMCIA, frame grabber and a 2.4GHz
RF interface.

>or perhaps a VIA EDEN with a prisim card and a flash
>drive.

As sold by our own ever glamourous Steven Haigh
http://netwiz.wireless.org.au/store/

--
"As a net is made up by a series of knots, so everything in this
world is connected by a series of knots.  If anyone thinks that the