[MLB-WIRELESS] [TIB] A new offer has been added to TIB - 18/03/2003

paul van den bergen pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
Wed Mar 19 11:24:48 EST 2003

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 07:25 pm, Jamie Moir wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, Ryan Abbenhuys wrote:
> > However, don't like the idea that he is a retailer.

I disagree with Ryan and agree with Jamie.

Retailers have the business contact to get bulk purchases. Individuals have
far fewer. Wholesalers are likely not going to deal with retailers.

I don't think your issue should be with retailers/businesses. Rather it should
be with non-bulk offers - either one offs (or only a few items) or overpriced
wrt ordinary.

Even so, that is just a matter of definition - is it part of the TIB or part
of something else?

> > ....another thought, what if retailers had to pay a small fee to
> > Melbwireless advertise on TIB.   (this depends on how we see melbwireless
> > and TIB to be connected, if at all)
>
> If it cost money to advertise then that is a cost the seller would have to
> accomodate in their pricing which in turn would mean that they would have
> to put their prices up! I cant really see how that would be helping the
> community!

damn straight! No fees.

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures
pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
IM:bulwynkl2002
It's a book. Non-volatile storage media. Everyone should have one.