[Fwd: RE: [MLB-WIRELESS] help with last mile in the country...]

Steven Haigh netwiz at wireless.org.au
Mon Mar 17 22:19:12 EST 2003

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	RE: [MLB-WIRELESS] help with last mile in the country...
Date: 	Mon, 17 Mar 2003 21:33:31 +1100
From: 	Joel Moerkerk <bigmoe at hwy.com.au>
To: 	<owner-melbwireless at wireless.org.au>

Or, if you have got silly amounts of money to spend, buy an EnGenius
cordless, works on ~900mhz, pumps out about 500mw of power, full
compatible for external antennas on the base (R-TNC, which is NOT the
charger unit).. do around 14kms with the external vertical omni.
Multi-handset capable, walkie-talkie type mode between handsets, beware,
swamps any normal 900mhz handset in rage :)

Downside? ~$900

Joel
Mudgee Wireless

--
Signed,
Steven Haigh

You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.
We have enough youth. What we need is a fountain of smart.