[MLB-WIRELESS] help with last mile in the country...

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Mon Mar 17 16:21:59 EST 2003

> a second (or third) handset and a charger. I've got 60m from
> base unit
> through a couple of brick walls and no external antenna easy.
> A simple
> antenna hack on the main unit should do it nicely. If theres

Range will be an issue, since he wants 400m.  However, you should be able to
get good results on 900 MHz or 2.4 GHz using a directional antenna.
Strictly speaking, I doubt it's legal (the EIRP limits are MUCH lower than
with WLAN, and devices with external connectors are much less common for non
WLAN devices).  However, in the bush, you may not get noticed (but I didn't
say that ;) ).

Also, note that 2.4 GHz cordless phones and WLAN may not be the best of
neighbours.  900 MHz phones don't have this problem.