[MLB-WIRELESS] Wireless networking question

Rowan Crowe rowan at sensation.net.au
Wed Mar 12 12:32:12 EST 2003

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 bchild at wireless.org.au wrote:

> In the 900+ configuration there is a option to turn the beacon on or off,
> if there is a similar option on the 900, turn this option off and see what
> your LED does then, just something else for you to try.
>
> I'm unsure of whether the beacon is counted as a packet on this product,
> but just for the curious, I've turned mine off, and the WLAN LED on the
> 900+ only comes on when traffic is following great little way to gauge
> whether it's working correctly or not in a hurry without having to fire up
> a PC.

Hmmm... my 900AP+ is basically a default config, apart from fiddling with
the diversity and power settings. My WLAN LED does not go on unless there
is actual traffic.

I use a slightly unusual setup - no wired ethernet connection to the AP. I
have wireless cards in my server and laptop and bounce the traffic through
the AP. I doubt this would affect it though.

Cheers.

--
Rowan Crowe - Melbourne, Australia
www.camrecord.com  www.camdiscover.com  www.heyasl.com  www.sensationbot.com