[MLB-WIRELESS] Wireless networking question

Joe Hovel joe.hovel at med.monash.edu.au
Tue Mar 11 23:36:50 EST 2003

Java,
Now you're confusing me.... Ipcop is a Firewall - but you call it your
"software router"...?
I have a firewall (ZoneAlarm pro) on my proxy server, because it is
connected permanently to the net with a modem. It gets about 500 alerts
every 24 hrs..... The security risk you are suggesting is from my fellow
Wireless group members, right? I could run ZoneAlarm on all machines I
guess.... That doesn't solve the routing, does it? My traffic will still
go out on the WLAN.....
I think I need further explanations..... Are you confirming that
_everyone_ needs a software or hardware router or firewall - what's the
difference (in this context)?
Joe