[MLB-WIRELESS] ATEN USB extensions

Jason Hecker jhecker at www.wireless.org.au
Tue Mar 11 14:20:41 EST 2003

The active USB cables are in the region of $50 a pop last I checked and
you might be spending upwards of $150 - $200 on a decent run to the roof
plus $120 for the USB device.

Try the Linksys WET-11
http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=33&scid=36&prid=432

as it does Ad-Hoc and AP-Client mode to ethernet, from what I can tell.
Exactly what Melb-Wireless is after.  Probably much more reliable than the
flippin' USB devices too.  Don't forget you'll need power over ethenet
too...

I don't know how much the WET-11 is though, probably about $300.

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Matt wrote:

> I'm thinking about using a few of these in series up a mast to a wireless
> device. USB is the choice because I haven't been able to find an AP that
> has ethernet and does ad-hoc or a useful implementation of client mode.
> (Please correct me and point me in the right direction if I'm wrong there).
> Anyway has anyone used these and how good are they if so??
> http://www.aten.com.tw/USB/USB_1/UE_125.html
>
> Matt

Cheers,
jASON