[MLB-WIRELESS] Hypothetical: takedown notices

Ryan Abbenhuys sneeze at igreen.net
Thu Mar 6 20:56:11 EST 2003

I can't recall where exactly i heard it, but it was from someone who seemed
pretty cluey about RF and wireless technology.  When people first brought up
the idea of a mesh of omni-directional antennas my first thought was that
surely the interferance from surrounding nodes would outweigh the benefits
of redundant links.

I'd imagine with well selected antennas and good channel management a mesh
with PtP directional links could work.  But if this is the path you go down
you might find you end up with links that end up being used like backbone
links, and other links that become leaf's. And then you end up with a
backbone/leaf network anyway.
Even with the backbone/leaf network that is happening out here I am trying
to manage channels we use, directions out antennas point, types of antennas
we use, etc.  My goal being maximum performance and maximum geographical
reach/coverage.