[MLB-WIRELESS] Hypothetical: takedown notices

John Dalton john.dalton at bigfoot.com
Thu Mar 6 20:23:52 EST 2003

> I've heard that a true wireless mesh won't work because the noise floor
> increases too rapidly and the network speed dies in the ass.

If you have any specific information on this, could you please forward it to me?
I'm aware of at least one paper written in this area (which I have
yet to read).  My understanding is that given certain assumptions
a high density wireless 'mesh' with omnidirectional antennas will not work.

Having said that I think it would be premature to write off a mesh
before reviewing the literature.  It may turn out the assumptions on
which the calculations were based are not realistic, so the results
don't apply to a real network.  For example, it may work with directional
antennas, or the reports we have been hearing may be just plain wrong.

Regards
John