[MLB-WIRELESS] Q: What do people want from Melbourne Wireless ?

Jason Xuereb jxuereb at optushome.com.au
Thu Mar 6 18:53:37 EST 2003

1) In 25 words or less, describe what draws you to wireless in general ?

Mounting masts which give great views to the next door neighbours bathroom.

2) What do you want & expect Melbourne Wireless to do for you ?

MW already does what I expect. The people are great and have helped me a
tone so far.

3) What expectations do you have of the MW committee ?

They keep doing what they are doing, poor b#####ds

4) Where do you see MW being in 12 months ? 24 months ?

12-24 Months a backbone all around Melbourne. Not a total covered mesh but
at least the backbone interconnecting through all the working groups.

5) What are the major problems/hurdles MW is currently facing ?

LOS between nodes well mainly around my area.

6) What is the major hinderance to getting your (or other people's)
nodes up ?

LOS but our 14 metre masts should fix that.

7) If MW owned Access points around Melbourne, would it be incentive
enough to join the network ?

Yeh but a total covered mess covering melbourne would be incentive for
everyone to hook up.

8) Are you happy with Melbourne Wireless in general ?

Love it especially toby cracking onto me.

9) Is there anything Melbourne Wireless can do to improve ?

There is always room for improvement especially with an evolving technology.
Keeping ahead of it is the only way it will improve. At the moment its fine
although I am pretty new.

10) Anything you might like to add.

Yep. Kudos to Glenn, Vaskos, Mikey, Toby for their endless help and
guideance.