[MLB-WIRELESS] Hypothetical: takedown notices

grenville armitage garmitage at swin.edu.au
Thu Mar 6 10:43:18 EST 2003

andrewg at d2.net.au wrote:
	[..]
> I guess it boils down to, if you're worried about having liabilty by not
> being able to vet/filter communications, you shouldn't be a node.

That's the inverse of my original question. Arguably a node shouldn't even
_try_ to filter, since doing so can (a) only ever be incomplete,
and (b) letting things through that you've claimed to be filtering
may make you (in the eyes of the technology-illiterate law) a
contributor to the law-breaking. That would seem to be an important
issue to clarify.

cheers,
gja