[MLB-WIRELESS] Hypothetical: takedown notices

John Dalton john.dalton at bigfoot.com
Tue Mar 4 16:00:45 EST 2003

In my opinion, the preferred solution is to convince
those that pass the laws that a regime of take down
notices is not wanted by the electorate.  Note that the US
will probably push for Australia to implement a tougher
copyright/IP regime as part of the free trade negotiations,
starting in a week or so.  Maybe write a letter to your
local polly saying you want then to resist this push?

As the clarifications from the ACA have shown, doing things
through the 'proper channels' doesn't always result
in failure.

Failing a political solution, one solution is a native
implementation of freenet (http://freenet.sourceforge.net).
By native, I mean replace TCP/IP with the freenet protocol.

- There is no IP address space to revoke.
- There is no routing table to edit.
- All traffic is encrypted.  Each user's privacy
  is guranteed.
- It is very difficult (impossible?) to tell
  who posted what, unless they chose to sign their work.
- It is difficult to observe the topology of the network
  outside of your immediate peers.