[MLB-WIRELESS] Hypothetical: takedown notices

Matt matthew.c.boyd at uts.edu.au
Tue Mar 4 12:40:37 EST 2003

Easy solution,
be proactive, monitor a little bit of the traffic that goes through your
node, check out what service people you route for are offering. If someone
is obviously sharing large amounts of mp3s, porn etc, check out where they
are coming from and ask if they are breaking any copyright. If this is so,
then ask that person to stop. No matter what peoples personal opinions are
melbourne wireless is not about breaking the law. Ask members to alert each
other to this sort of thing.
If however I see large encrypted file transfers (via tunnels, ssl,
whatever) and I have no idea what they are then I probably won't do
anything about it.

Matt