[MLB-WIRELESS] WinXp and Enterasys

paul van den bergen pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
Tue Mar 4 10:39:53 EST 2003

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003 12:43 am, Steven Haigh wrote:
> We don't have a searchable mailing list at the moment - the archive we did
> have was generating massive failures... It was therefore deleted, and
> honestly, I forgot about it...
>
> I'll try to investigate getting this going again, and try to import my mbox
> file of this archive (all 11,996 posts since 14/08/2001)...

I was wondering about this... I figured it was a spam bot issue?!  apparently
not.  can we protect the archive from spam trawlers for web pages (I am more
thinking here of spam trawlers for eg. google archives, etc. Ofcourse it is
possible I don't know what I am talking about :-p).

The only thing I can think of is to have a member only sign in for to stop
general web scanning.  still won't prevent cache trawling?!

anyhoo, does anyone think this is an issue we need to worry about?  I can't
say it fusses me too much.

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures
pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
IM:bulwynkl2002
It's a book. Non-volatile storage media. Everyone should have one.