[MLB-WIRELESS] Mast mounting question

bchild at wireless.org.au bchild at wireless.org.au
Mon Mar 3 14:26:26 EST 2003

Okies Jason,

In your particular position, I would have 4 guyed points, perferrably, 1
in each corner of the veranda, mark out 3 metrs and mount your guyes in 3
mtr sections above that.  Perhaps to make it look neater on the 7m side,
make the points in a little to 5mtrs to make everything look neater.

Just a tip, basically, the rule of thumb from Hills is 3 & 6 meters are
guyed 3 mtrs away from the mast, 9 & 12 are guyed 5 mtrs from the mast and
15 mtrs is guyed 7 mtrs from the mast, that's the ideal method preferred
by hills, I have seen whole installations done on 3 mtrs from the mast all
the way up to the 15 mtr point.

Regards Glen
(Nodes AAC,FTA)