[MLB-WIRELESS] 2.4Ghz band, legal stance, wireless stuff

Donovan Baarda abo at minkirri.apana.org.au
Mon Jun 30 17:47:02 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-30 at 17:12, rik wrote:
> contact a lawyer about this
>
> as its a open band i dont think theres much you can do

My advice is don't contact a lawyer... unless you like burning $$$ for
kicks.

You said "There is a good chance there was no site survey done by
them"... so speak to them and find out. Be nice, and ask them if they
could please do something about it. Point out that if they are
interfering with you, then you are probably interfering with them, and
it would be to your mutual benefit to co-operate on a solution.

If they still don't look like doing anything about it (the "not our
problem" response), then I'd suggest doing something subtle to make it
obvious that it is their problem (the "we were having problems so we
boosted our signal, and now you are having problems. really?" approach).
However, niceness and helpfulness will get you much further than a
bandwidth war, so don't go overboard.

Donovan Baarda                http://minkirri.apana.org.au/~abo/