[MLB-WIRELESS] 2.4Ghz band, legal stance, wireless stuff

Jamie Lovick jalovick at doof.org
Mon Jun 30 18:31:33 EST 2003

Hi,

The ACA's stance on interference in an ISM band is that providing that
the interference is not exceeding the class license power limit, there
is no protection for users of the band.

If it is operating legally, there is nothing much you can do, with
perhaps one exception. If the other network unit is operating
commercially without a carriers license or a nominated carrier
decloration or an industry development plan, they can be reported to the
ACA for operating the network unit.

Regards

Jamie

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Ryan Abbenhuys wrote:

> Has anyone out there had experience with dealing with interferance in the
> 2.4Ghz ISM band from a legal perspective.
>
> I'm browsing through the ACA site at the moment but if anyone can point me
> towards any pages that specifically cover interferance from other parties
> and what you can do about it if anything, it would be most helpful.
>
> If people could email me privately that would be preferred.
>
> The ermm *cough*hypothetical*cough* situation involves a large structure in
> the city, equipment that has been in place for quite a number of years, and
> possibly interferance caused by a business (an ISP for example) that has
> only just placed equipment there in the past month or so. There is a good
> chance there was no site survey done by them to check for existing
> equipment in the same band.

Jamie Lovick    <->  IT Consultant    <-> +614 1479 1681
Hobby     : Doof.org                   -> jalovick at doof.org
Director  : Drastic Solutions Pty Ltd  -> jalovick at drasticsolutions.com.au
----- Public Relations Officer - the Australian Wireless Association -----