[MLB-WIRELESS] Highly asymmetric wireless FTP performance

darrend at ndpgroup.com.au darrend at ndpgroup.com.au
Fri Jun 20 19:06:11 EST 2003

It will be difficult to tell, as the dlink ap's dont report rf statistics
:(

Similar to Ryans example, we see the same symptoms at NodeGHO, where the
SNR @ the AP's end can be up to 15dB worse than the client.

Darren Dreis
Vice President
Melbourne Wireless Inc.
vicepresident at wireless.org.au
http://www.wireless.org.au

Michael Borthwick <holden at netspace.net.au>
Sent by: owner-melbwireless at wireless.org.au
20/06/2003 06:20 PM

        To:     melbwireless at wireless.org.au
        cc:
        Subject:        [MLB-WIRELESS] Highly asymmetric wireless FTP performance

I'm can FTP from a FreeBSD laptop connected as a wireless client of node
BAE's D-Link 900AP+ at around 45KB/s to node GKU which runs an Enterays
card.

In the reverse direction the transfer frequently stalls and the average
throughput is 14KB/s

So I can put at 45KB/s and get at 14 KB/s

What tests do I need to do to find out why this is happening ?