[MLB-WIRELESS] O/T Remote Dial-In Appliance

Grant McHerron grant at taoceti.com.au
Tue Jun 17 21:06:03 EST 2003

At 04:20 PM 17/06/03, Tony Langdon wrote:
 >Have a look in the Netgear/D-Link, etc catalogues.  I suspect there might be
 >a SOHO router with inbuilt modem that may suit your purposes.

Something like that old Intel modem unit for networks - a mate used to sell
them but I've not seen any for a very long time. Perhaps on eBay? I think
they were called inStations. Part of a range Intel offered with printer
sharers, etc.

Most of the low end ones, however, are designed for calling out, not
receiving inbound calls (eg: like the modem on an airport/RG1000). You
could try to find an ISP that's dumping its old dial-in concentrators (pre
56k ones)...

Cheers,

Grant

Grant McHerron
Tao Ceti Pty Ltd

Level 1, 530 Little Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Ph: +61 3 9909 7067             Fax: +61 3 9228 3257
http://www.taoceti.com.au       grant at taoceti.com.au