[MLB-WIRELESS] Re: GLL To GLO Ta GHO

lkhoo at csc.com.au lkhoo at csc.com.au
Tue Jun 17 14:22:20 EST 2003

Tony said :

>I'll probably get some
>first hand experience when I start playing with 2.4 GHz ATV (hmm, could
make
>a mess of my own WLAN LOL),

Seems like alot of those little 2.4ghz tv transmitters have come way down
in price. I saw them the other day for about $120! (inc. sender &
receiver).

I have had one of these for about 1.5-2 years now and have found that I get
a significant amount of interference from wireless stuff (in my case a
couple of enterasys cards in laptops). The results of this are bands across
the picture or loud clicking noises.

I've been personally using this tv retransmitter for remote viewing of
video/tv/dvd to another of our tv's quite a distance away.

Changing the channel of the wireless cards did give a slight improvement.
The only channel I have found that is even remotely usable at the same time
as the tv gear was around channel 10 from memory.

ps: Cooking microwave pop corn 1/2 through a movie really shows the effects
of interference! *bbbbzzzzzzttt*

Lucas