[MLB-WIRELESS] IP Addresses of APs

Dan Flett conhoolio at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 13 10:15:45 EST 2003

OK, so I've been allocated a Melbourne Wireless IP block which is
10.10.145.32/28

My AP is on the roof at the moment, broadcasting away, and it's plugged
directly into a network card on my PC.

I'm not all that up with the whys and wherefores of network addresses and
broadcast addresses.  I sort of had it explained to me on the list a month
or so ago, but I'm not quite sure yet.  I'd simply like to know, what IP
address and netmask should I set on my NIC and my AP?  And maybe the whys if
you're feeling like writing a long email. :)

Also, should I have my APs DHCP client running and why/why not?

Currently I have my NIC set to IP 10.10.145.33 netmask 255.255.255.240 and
my AP is 10.10.145.34 netmask 255.255.255.240.

And no, I don't leave my AP plugged into my PC all the time... yet. :) I'm
not running any services at the moment.  That's the next project.

Dan