[MLB-WIRELESS] Re: DLink 900+ SMA- N coneector and 200mw access piont

mrviper at softhome.net mrviper at softhome.net
Wed Jun 11 15:02:56 EST 2003

Yeah i already have a pigtail but the Dlink is so weak every DB i can save
is a bonus i mean comon 38mw what a joke the old 900 with a hack was like
100mw or something. Amps are way to expensive Can that 200mw Verteich or
something like that act as an access piont?
vak writes:

> Hi Ryan,
>
> In short, don't waste your time - you will not increase your gain substantially
> enough to make any difference.
>
> I have done a mod to the 900+ which involves removing the little pigtail and
> directly replacing it with a PCB mount SMA connector.
>
> The cost of the conversion will outweight the gain increase, plus void any
> warranty you might have left on the unit.
>
> Note: Sticking an N connector directly onto a thin PCB, or via a direct
> soldered pigtail requires a lot of extra modding & support so that you don't
> lift the pcb tracks off the substrate.
>
> Pigtails can be bought for around $27 - $35. If you're going to use it outside,
> make sure you use waterproof cable (ie Polyethylene sheath).
>
> Vaskos
> ----------
>
> mrviper at softhome.net wrote:
>
>> Hello
>> Im planning on getting rid of the rp sma connector and adding a N male. To
>> avoid loss that a rg58 piig tail will produce. Has anyone done this?
>> and how would the dlink go if I were to add a N male to the Internal Silver
>> 650 card awell.
>>
>> Thanks Guys - Ryan

>> with "unsubscribe melbwireless" in the body of the message

Signature:
Plz vist the site http://www.burnfuel.com