[MLB-WIRELESS] DLink 900+ SMA- N coneector

vak vak at alphalink.com.au
Wed Jun 11 14:27:30 EST 2003

Hi Ryan,

In short, don't waste your time - you will not increase your gain substantially
enough to make any difference.

I have done a mod to the 900+ which involves removing the little pigtail and
directly replacing it with a PCB mount SMA connector.

The cost of the conversion will outweight the gain increase, plus void any
warranty you might have left on the unit.

Note: Sticking an N connector directly onto a thin PCB, or via a direct
soldered pigtail requires a lot of extra modding & support so that you don't
lift the pcb tracks off the substrate.

Pigtails can be bought for around $27 - $35. If you're going to use it outside,
make sure you use waterproof cable (ie Polyethylene sheath).

Vaskos