[MLB-WIRELESS] Transparency?

Fenn Bailey fenn_b at smktech.com.au
Wed Jun 11 11:00:22 EST 2003

> Does it matter if the paint is radio transparent?  The
> downpipe isn't.
> I suspect that you only really need to ensure the slots are
> not covered with
> something that will not pass 2.4 GHz.

Hey! That's a really good point. I really didn't think that through, did I?
(Had paranoid images in my head from horror stories of painting (then very
expensive) omni antennas and rendering them useless).

How conservative do I need to be with painting around the slots? Can I paint
right up to where the whole starts in the metal - and does the reflectivity
on the external side of the antenna matter - will painting it somehow
adversely affect it? (These may be really dumb questions, and I _think_ I
know the answers, but I'd rather be sure :)

	Fenn.