[MLB-WIRELESS] factory project

Alfred Shippen wireless at shippen.net
Wed Jun 11 07:51:03 EST 2003

I have a small project I am working on involving a number of factory
equipment I need to network. Due to certain restraints, it is far easier for
me to use wireless LAN.

I have a PC104 based industrial PC (DIN mounted) that I am going to use. I
can source PC104 cards OK, but I want to set up this PC as an AP, and I am
not sure how I will do this. I have no limitations on software to use, most
likely I will use some derivative of Red Hat to handle the routing, file
sharing etc. (there will also be a modem installed for remote access.)

Is there a Linux distro out there that will handle this scenario? Any advice
will be appreciated. (Iam also going to post this to LUV).

Cheers
Alfred